Saturday, April 16, 2011

The chairs that started it all....

Welcome to my first post!  As projects stack up waiting for the first hint of warm weather, and cans of spray paint sit cooling their heels, I figured I'd make use of the time by showing you the chairs that started it all....

Project 1: The First Garbage Chair.

We found this little beaut sitting next to our old dumpster. Someone was moving and this chair did not make the cut. I loved the style, but the tan pleather, cushionless seat needed to go!


Bring in the staple gun, clearance fabric, and a piece of foam!


 Ta-Dah!

Project 2:  Craigslist Dining Chairs


When we bought our house, we bought a beautiful dining set off of Craigslist.  However, the family had little monsters of destruction kids.



Same staple gun to the rescue! Annnnd the after:


There you have it. Nothing spectacular, nothing complicated, but I've caught the bug!

I promise better photos and tutorials in the future!
Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment